Tuesday, January 1, 2013

About Me

About me... 

My name is Julio and I live in Austin, Texas, USA. About ten years ago, during a family vacation in the Bahamas, I became really interested in sailing.  Ever since, I seek opportunities to go sailing whenever I can. I hold a Coastal Cruising Sailing License from US Sailing and ASA.


Two years ago, I started researching sailboat history, design styles and boat construction methods. Towards the end of last year, I decided to build a sailboat. After careful consideration to my requirements, I selected the Merlin Rocket. I feel confident that I can take this new endeavor from vision to completion.










Why a Merlin Rocket?



Because it is a high performance 14 ft. long sailing dinghy. The Hazardous Zero-9 Merlin Rocket can be built from marine plywood and full size drawings are available from designer Keith Callaghan in the UK. I can build it and store it in my garage. 

The Merlin Rocket Class was formed in 1951. Its roots date back to 1946. For a brief history of this class, visit the Merlin Rocket Owners Association website. A feature of the Class has been the high standard of craftsmanship and finish that the various builders have maintained over the years. Tradition, pride, craftsmanship, speed and a really sexy design! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment